Climate change is one of the most urgent challenges we face — affecting everything from our public health to our economy. Our natural resources and environment have always been a core part of who we are and how we live in Maine. From our history and heritage to our economy today, stewardship of our woods and waters is deeply important to our livelihoods and our sense of place.
“We must act now to protect Maine’s natural resources and the continuation of our industries for generations to come—we can’t wait for federal action any longer. That’s why I’m voting for Sara Gideon to represent Maine in the U.S. Senate.”
— Mark Green, Peaks Island, ME
In Maine, Sara has been a champion for the environment and fighting against climate change. She passed the most aggressive goals the state has ever seen for reducing carbon emissions and increasing renewable energy production, making Maine an example for states across the nation, and jumpstarting our clean energy economy and the good-paying jobs it brings. She also passed landmark legislation improving water quality protections for Maine’s tribes.
Taking bold and immediate action on climate change at the federal level is one of Sara’s top priorities. Sara is committed to:
- Rejoining the Paris Climate Agreement;
- Investing in the clean energy economy;
- Setting aggressive goals to move to a completely clean energy system powered by renewables;
- Modernizing and upgrading our transportation and energy grid infrastructure;
- Overhauling our transportation system;
- Setting the carbon emissions reduction goals needed to slow climate change; and
- Ensuring that nominees to fill key environmental positions in the administration are qualified individuals who will work to protect our environment and fight climate change, not put the interests of the fossil fuel industry first.
Sara is proud to be endorsed by the League of Conservation Voters and the National Resources Defense Council.
Learn more about how Sara will take immediate and bold action to address climate change: